T-minus 34 and Counting
We spent Thursday and Friday sowing seeds with bloggers and the press that should explode over the next two weeks. We’ve also fielded scores of questions from potential backers. The majority of them have been about how Kickstarter works with the askers saying they are going to be backing us.
But here is the curious thing: Our project stats:
- 1770 Video Views, 854 of them for 100% of the video
- 780 “Likes”
- 139 Backers (most of whom we do not know).
I can’t intuit anything from the video views, because it’s a new metric just rolled out by Kickstarter this week. But I skimmed through scores of other projects today, both successful and unsuccessful, and the typical Likes:Backers ratio was never more than 2:1. We are at nearly 6:1!
What does this mean?
- Lot’s of potential backers just taking some time to consider the purchase?
- Lack of understanding about how Kickstarer works?
- Our project materials not closing the deal?
- We are so far from our goal that the urgency to “act now” is weak?
We have women tweeting us up and gushing over us on Twitter that haven’t backed us, which would lead me to believe #1 and #2 are the case.
We are trying to gather some market insight on this ASAP.